Monday, May 24, 2010

Philippians 4.11-13

Not that I am speaking of being in need, for I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content. I know how to be brought low, and I know how to abound. In any and every circumstance, I have learned the secret of facing plenty and hunger, abundance and need. I can do all things through him who strengthens me. 

Fighting - the temptation to take things into my own hands, to use my own efforts to secure lofty promises. But remembering - from past errors - the danger in doing this,  knowing that our hearts' motives and desires will succeed only if God wills them to. Remembering - that we can only place our confidence in His sovereignty, and trusting - that He uses our blunders and brokenness for His glory. Hoping - that he will create beauty from our ashes. Learning - as always - that He continues to be the ever living constant in our lives, the rock on which we plant our feet, when all other ground is sinking sand.